- Views: 25944
President-elect Barack Obama’s aides say that he is considering to make a major foreign policy speech from an Islamic capital during his first 100 days in office.
Here is why It should be Morocco :
What do you call an Arab, Amazigh, Muslim and African country who was the first to recognize the United State of America's independence? Kingdom Of Morocco
What do you call a moderate, tolerant and peaceful country who is the strongest ally to the United States in the region? Kingdom Of Morocco.
What do you call Obama's first foreign policy speech overseas in Morocco after his inauguration? A historical moment.
- Casablanca would be a great choice at all for its historical significance. After all, it was FDR who came to Morocco in 1942 with Churchill and De-Gaulle to sign the Alliance in the presence of Morocco’s King in Casablanca. Given the fact that many parallels have already been drawn between FDR and Obama, especially considering the daunting economic challenges both faced, it would be good to draw attention to a reform-oriented Muslim country like Morocco. On top of it, Morocco was the first country to recognize the United States as a country, so what better time for Morocco to be able to side once again with the United States as when ushering in a new reign of democracy in the world?
- Morocco has started a political reform process since the mid-1990s; it also saw the first truth commission in the Arab world. Morocco has also been a strong ally of the United States, a country that played a role in bringing Israelis and Palestinians together and pushing for peace and a two states solution, before it became fashionable. Morocco was the first Muslim country to invite Pope Jean Paul to speak to stadium with 80,000 Muslims. Morocco is also an African and Arab Amazigh country, with a multi-ethnic-religious flair; it is a country that years ago integrated an Islamic political party into the political game. So, an Obama trip to Morocco would certainly validate the changes and promote an agenda of reform
Morocco combines the African, Arab, Amazigh, and Muslim worlds in a wonderful harmony, and is the home of a new and dynamic young king that compliments Obama and shares his vision of change.
Obama and Morocco--a perfect match!
- When America knocked on the world’s door, Morocco was the first to say “Welcome America, We Recognize Your independence” when the Arab World sided with Moscow, Morocco refused to be bullied and claimed its loyalty to its long time friends in Washington. The US-Moroccan relations are a true testament of mutual respect, friendship and loyalty and shared values.
- The Sultan of Morocco Muhammad III was the first foreign ruler to recognize the US as an independent republic in 1777, and the longest unbroken treaty in US diplomatic history is with Morocco, the M-A Treaty of Friendship (signed by Jefferson in 1787).
- Today Morocco remains the OLDEST and one of the closets allies in the region. U.S. relations with Morocco date from 1777, when the two nations negotiated a Treaty of Peace and Friendship. Renegotiated in 1836. The treaty is still in force, constituting the longest unbroken treaty relationship in U.S. history
- Exceptional relationships maintained between Kingdom of Morocco with All the American Presidents from FDR, Eisenhower Kennedy to Bush...
- Morocco is well positioned to be an ideal place for this historic event to take place
- Historic great relationship Morocco and the United States have and continue to enjoy. It started back in 1777 when Morocco took the action of allowing ships with US flags to enter Morocco when other nations were reluctant to do so if not opposed to it.
- Morocco enjoys great friendly relationships with the predominant majority of countries in the world, Muslim or otherwise.
- Morocco hosts the intellectual think-tank of the Islamic Conference, known as the CESCO Islamic Cultural, Educational, and Scientific Conference Organization.
- Morocco chairs the "Al-Quds (Jerusalem) Committee", Al-Quds is at the forefront in any eventual peace agreement in the Middle East.
- Morocco boasts moderate Islam and a proven record in the brokerage of a search for peace in the Middle East
- Morocco has all the ingredients to make this historic speech an effective and successful event.
- Morocco and its people played and are still paying a major role in bringing peace to the Middle East.
- Morocco was a staunch ally of the USA during the cold war.
- Morocco has played an important role in the fight against terrorism, and is a country that could be used as a model of tolerance where Muslims and Jews live side by side in harmony.
- Morocco is well respected in the Muslim and Arab world and throughout Africa, and is considered a moderate voice in all these regions.
- Morocco as an African Muslim country, it has developed into a model for religious tolerance and cultural diversity.
- Morocco has made great progress in human rights and gender equality.
- Morocco enjoys political stability, a stability that is continuously strengthened as we build a modern democracy in the spirit of freedom, openness and tolerance. This is a vision that is led and implemented with strong resolve and determinations by Morocco's young King.
- Morocco is also well positioned as a Western ally in the global war on terror
- Morocco offers a rich and widely diversified potential as it is strategically located on both the Mediterranean Sea and Atlantic Ocean, within 7 miles from Europe and serves as a gateway to both Africa and the Arab-Muslim world.
- The diversity of Amazigh, Arabs, and Jews, to name a few, who have lived side by side for centuries, as well as its close ties to Europe, has made Morocco a different country than many of its neighbors.
- Morocco is indeed the destination for religious tolerance, co-existence, and a symbol of harmonious living where everyone is welcome!
- The US-Moroccan strong ties will personify this historical moment and will utterly strengthen the US foreign relationships and send a clear message specifically to the Islamic world and to the rest in general
- Morocco places high value on its long-standing history of friendship and cooperation with the United States. It has been an invaluable partner in the wake of terrorist attacks on the United States
- Morocco is a Major non-NATO ally with the US and the strength of the Moroccan-US relationship is well-known in the world!
- peace and love , السلام والمحبة ,la paix et l'amour , שלום ואהבה , ειρήνη και αγάπη , hòa bình và tình yêu , мира и любви , la paz y el amor .
- Obama choosing Morocco as his venue for an important foreign policy speech. What better site to choose than the oldest friend of the United States, and its nearest neighbor across the Atlantic? Morocco was not only the first nation to recognize American independence; the Kingdom has a long history of friendship and mutual support with the American people. Moreover, Morocco is a progressive, tolerant and moderate Muslim nation at the crossroads of three worlds: African, European, and Arab. What better place to choose for stating a new world policy?
- Holding a speech in Morocco can only help to break down the terrible misconceptions that the majority of Americans hold regarding the Muslim way of life..
The Moroccan Community is one of the fastest growing communities in the USA, Moroccan Americans Democrats, republicans and independents are inviting President Elect Obama to Make Morocco the home for his first foreign policy speech abroad.
President elect Obama, please accept our invitation. Not only do we support your vision for change, but we are ready to help you make it happen. Let this speech in Morocco be the start of a new day for America's relation with the Muslim World