- Views: 6395
Rabat - The total number of people who voted in favor of the draft Constitution on Friday amounted to 9,653,492, that is 98,50%, according to the provisional results of the referendum held on Friday, the Interior Minister said on Saturday.
The number of people who voted "No" amounted to 146,718 (1.5%), Taieb cherqaoui told the press.
9,881,922 people out of 13,451,404 registered on the electoral lists participated in the vote, with a turnout of 73.46%.
According to the provisional results, the number of spoil ballot papers stood at 81,712, while valid votes amounted to 9,800,210.
The turnout recorded at the level of regions is as follows:
- Rabat-Salé-Zemmour-Zaïr region: 72.39%.
- Great Casablanca region: 57.17%.
- Souss-Massa-Draa region: 74.51%.
- Taza-Al Hoceima-Taounate region: 81.10%.
- Tadla-Azilal region: 79.85%.
- Fez-Boulemane region: 76.31%.
- Guelmim-Smara region: 86.76%.
- El Gharb-Chrarda-B'ni Hssen region: 74.26%.
- Laayoune-Boujdour-Sakia Al Hamra region: 84.05%.
- Marrakech-Tensift-El Haouz region: 80.88%.
- Meknes-Tafilalet region: 74.60%.
- Oued Eddahab-Lagouira region: 92.19%.
- The Eastern region: 63.99%.
- Doukkala-Abda region: 80.06%.
- Chaouia-Ouerdigha region: 77.67%.
- Tangier-Tetuan region: 71.50%.
These figures, the minister went on, show that the referendum was a new opportunity for the inhabitants of the southern provinces to renew their attachment to their homeland and to the territorial integrity of the Kingdom, as well as their full support for the major reforms initiated by HM King Mohammed VI.
He noted that these results, which remain provisional until the Constitutional Council announces the final results according to the election Code, do not include those of the Moroccan community abroad.